3d Digital CT Scan
What is a 3D Digital CT Scan?
A 3D Digital CT Scan gives us an in-depth, comprehensive view of your mouth, including your teeth, jawbone, jaw joint and the sinuses. It gives us valuable information about a variety of oral conditions, including:
- Position of wisdom teeth
- Jaw-joint problems
- Sinus problems
- Receding bone levels resulting from periodontal disease
- Dental implant planning, and positioning to avoid vital structures
- Possible Cysts / Tumors of the jaws
Advantages over 2D Imaging (Panoramic)
- More information – in 3D – showing the exact position of nerves, sinuses and other vital structures
- Better planning – quality and quantity of bone can be assessed
- Improved detail
- More conservative treatment
Fast 3D Imaging Volume
The GALILEOS 3D X-ray scan takes only 14 seconds.
Reconstruction with High Resolution
The (15 x 15 x 15) cm³ volume is displayed at a resolution of 0.3 mm. Any partial volumes desired can be selected and subsequently reconstructed from the existing data set in a contrast resolution of 0.15 mm without an additional scan.