Dr. Mark H. Docktor is a graduate of Rutgers University, and NYU College of Dentistry, where he also served as a clinical instructor for a number of years. He has lectured and published articles on Cosmetic Dentistry and complex restorative procedures both nationally and internationally, and is a member of several national academies and study groups. Dr. Docktor also served on the New Jersey Council of Dental Benefit Programs.
He is a member of;
- American Dental Association
- New Jersey Dental Association
- Bergen County Dental Society
- American Academy of Dental Practice Administration
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- American Society of Dental Aesthetics
- Academy of Laser Dentistry
- Chairman, Continuing Education for Essential Dental Systems
Dr. Docktor has published articles:
- Journal. American College of Dentists. Reciprocity in Dental Licensure.1973
- Journal of the Academy of Esthetic Dentistry. Cosmetics and the Argon Ion Laser. February 1975.
- Dental Economics. Cosmetics and the Argon Ion Laser. May 1975.
- Laboratory Digest (Glidewell Laboratory). ImprovedCaseAcceptanceUsingQuality Provisional Restorations. Fall 1975
- Gaceta Dental (Spain). Alargamiento de coronas esteticas para revestimiento de ceramic. September 1999 (Crown Lengthening to allow for Porcelain Crown Restorations)
- Columbia Dental Review. Surgical Template Utilization for Maxillary Anterior Aesthetic Surgery. Mark H. Docktor DDS, James B. Fine DDS, In Kim-Yoo DDS, Arthur Hsu DDS. May 2000.
- Cosmetic Dentistry and High Tech Materials and Equipment for the New Millenium. 1990
- Aesthetic Dentistry in Full Mouth Rehabilitation Related to Periodontal Considerations. 1994 Lecture with Dr. James Fine
- Provisionalization of Cases in Dentistry. 2011 Lecture with Dr. James Fine
- Lecture and Slide Presentations to various Study Groups and Dental Societies on Cosmetic Dentistry and Bonding with Light Activated Composite Resins
- Restoration and Rehabilitation of Endodontically Treated Teeth. 2014 Internet Video Webinar with Dr. Barry Musikant and Dr. Douglas Kase.
Dr. Docktor has many interests beyond Dentistry, and one particularly overlaps Dentistry and the rest of his life, and that’s photography. He is also an avid sports fan, loves music, theatre, ballet, calligraphy, traveling, and being with great friends. Most of all though, he loves to spend quality time with his wife and family.