3d Digital CT Scan
What is a 3D Digital CT Scan?
A 3D Digital CT Scan gives us an in-depth, comprehensive view of your mouth, including your teeth, jawbone, jaw joint and the sinuses. It gives us valuable information about a variety of oral conditions, including:
- Position of wisdom teeth
- Jaw-joint problems
- Sinus problems
- Receding bone levels resulting from periodontal disease
- Dental implant planning, and positioning to avoid vital structures
- Possible Cysts / Tumors of the jaws
Advantages over 2D Imaging (Panoramic)
- More information – in 3D – showing the exact position of nerves, sinuses and other vital structures
- Better planning – quality and quantity of bone can be assessed
- Improved detail
- More conservative treatment
Fast 3D Imaging Volume
The Planmeca ProMax 3D scan takes only about 10 seconds.
Ultra Low Dose Technology with High Resolution
With Planmeca Low Dose Protocol, patient radiation exposure is lowered up to 77% and image resolution is not sacrificed. This allows for an effective diagnosis with limited risk for the patient.
To learn more, view the following study here.